Friday 15 May 2015

All's favourite: SHORTCUTS!!!

To ensure efficient job, I love to use short cut. I sure everybody love short cut rather than the loooong  way. You can find any short cuts keys through Google or any search engines. Here, I would like to share some keyboard short cuts keys that I really love using it.

In Microsoft Office

I think most of us are familiar with Ctrl + C (Copy), Ctrl + V (Paste), Ctrl + X (Cut) and Ctrl + Z (Undo). What about 'Redo'? Simple! If you Undo = Z, Redo = Y. Therefore,

Ctrl + Y = Redo

Next, Ctrl + S is used for direct save. How about 'Save As'? This one is a little bit tricky but nothings magic. Try this Alt > F > A. Understand? I did not used the symbol '+' just to differentiate that you need not need to press the button all at the same time. Just follow the step. Alt > F > A for Save As.

Alt > F > A = Save As

Here's some tips.




Take for example Microsoft Word in above illustrations. When we press the 'Alt' button, it will appear the letters F, H, N, P, S and so on in the box (refer 1st page). Then, I choose to press 'F' and it appears the letters S, A, Y1,O and so on. If I select 'A', it completes the short cut Alt > F > A for Save As. Making sense? You may try other letters at your convenience.

'Home' and 'End' button

I seldom see most of us using these two buttons frequently. I personally will used these buttons quite often. It will be very useful during typing. The basic use of 'Home' button is to get back at the most left of our typing line while the 'End' button is to get to the most right. Have you tried to use it together with 'Ctrl' or 'Shift' buttons? Explore!

Ctrl + Home = get back to the most top-left page

Ctrl + End = go to the most right-bottom page

Shift + Home = highlighting the text at the point of the current cursor to the most left (in a line)

Shift + End = highlighting the text at the point of the current cursor to the most right (in a line)

Then, what would it be if you combine both Ctrl and Shift together?

The Arrow buttons (Up, Down, Right, Left)

When typing, we used to press these button to move the cursor one line up or down and one character left or right. I feel annoyed when people used to press the Up or Down button to search something in the entire documents. Sorry if you are the one. Please use the Page Up or Page Down button to scan or glance through once at a time. To view the whole page, just click Print Preview. If trying to find something, Ctrl + F.

Ctrl + F = Find (any words or character in the whole opened file)

I just want to highlight here that the arrow buttons can also be used together with the Ctrl and Shift button as well...

My final tips, in the drop down menu of any program, the usable short cut combination maybe shown as per circle shown in the picture below.


p/s: I might continue in Part 2 if there is any request, in shaa Allah. Have fun exploring! Feel free to comment on my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment